Knob tweakers and tone freaks, your overdrive pedal has arrived. The Il Torino Overdrive from the MXR Custom Shop serves up smooth, organic grit with the controls you need to adapt its sound to your carefully constructed signal chain.
Designed by guest Custom Shop engineer Carlo Sorasio, Italy’s premier boutique amp and pedal builder, the Il Torino Overdrive uses MOSFET technology to recreate the gain structure of classic tube preamps, allowing it to sing with sweet, touch responsive saturation and natural sounding compression. Next, Carlo added a 3-band EQ section so you can finely shape the sound of the overdrive.
Finally, Carlo added a BOOST/OD switch to toggle between Boost Mode—a cleaner sound with just the right amount of compression and sustain—and OD Mode—a more aggressive, cranked tube amp sound.
This pedal uses a sophisticated bypass system in the form of a Class A Low Impedance Output Driver—essentially a form of buffered bypass—to keep your tone sounding warm and natural across long signal chains where signal loss normally occurs.
It all comes in a sturdy MXR box with all the high quality jacks and switches to make it last on the road.
– Boost/Overdrive from the MXR Custom Shop
– Designed by Italian Boutique Amp and Pedal engineer Carlo Sorasio (LAA Custom)
– MOSFET technology recreates classic tube preamp gain structure
– Dynamic, touch responsive overdrive and natural compression
– Highly tweakable 3-Band EQ
– Volume and gain controls
– Boost/OD-switch toggles between Boost mode (cleaner sound with some compression and sustain) or Overdrive mode (more aggressive, saturated tube amp sound)
– Buffered Bypass with Class A Low Impedance Output Driver for natural sound in bypass also with long cable lines
– Power: 9V battery or optional 9V DC power supply, 2.1 mm barrel plug, polarity: (-) center, as e.g. Dunlop ECB 003 or RockPower RP NT 1
– Current draw: 4.7 mA
– Dimensions (L x W x H): 10.8 cm x 5.7 cm x 5 cm
– Made in USA
– 4 Years W-Music Distribution Warranty (product registration required)