Jimi Hendrix was a pioneer on the frontier of fuzz, experimenting with numerous flavors and shades throughout his career to imbue his riffs and leads with just the right attitude and texture. The Fuzz Face Distortion, in all of its incarnations, was the fuzz pedal that he used more than any other.
The Authentic Hendrix ’69 Psych Series Fuzz Face Distortion captures two different flavors of Jimi Hendrix fuzz tones in a single mini housing with all the appointments today’s players demand. In its default mode, this pedal discharges the aggressive silicon-based crunch that Jimi Hendrix used in the latter part of his career. Hitting the SI/GE switch engages the warm, smooth saturation of germanium-based fuzz that he used in the early years. This pedal also uses buffered bypassing by default, allowing for a greater range of tones and full cooperation with wah pedals such as the Jimi Hendrix Cry Baby Wah. The tonal purists out there will be happy to know that a Buffer switch allows for true bypass switching.
It all comes in an MXR mini housing dressed in the trippy, kaleidoscopic designs of award-winning UK-based design crüe ILOVEDUST.
– fuzz effects pedal
– limited edition – only 2500 pcs. worldwide
– toggle between early smooth germanium tones and later aggressive silicon tones
– pedalboard-friendly MXR mini housing
– true bypass / buffered bypass (switchable)
– controls for Volume, Fuzz
– SI/GE switch selects clipping mode
– Buff switch selects bypass mode
– status LED
– metal housing
– 6.3 mm mono in- / output jacks
– power supply via included 9V DC adapter (Dunlop ECB003), 2.1 x 5.5 mm barrel plug, polarity (-) center
– battery operation not supported
– current draw 6.8 mA
– dimensions (L x W x H) 90 x 40 x 55 mm
– weight 340 g