The Echoplex® EP-3 tape echo unit is famous for its deliciously warm, organic modulation and sweet musical voice—a key component to some of the most iconic guitar tones from the ’60s and ’70s. The original EP-3 units, however, are expensive, temperamental, and larger than a VCR.
That’s where the EP103 Echoplex Delay comes in. It’s the size of a Phase 90, and it delivers the EP-3’s legendary tones with a simple control interface and a hi-fi all-analog dry path. It is capable of 4 to 750ms delay time. Where the sound of this pedal really shines though, is in Age mode.
Here the sound of your repeats is being “aged”, darkening the tone, upping the tape saturation (distortion), and increasing modulation and tape distress as you turn the knob clockwise.
The Echoplex Delay also features tap tempo functionality, for up to 4 seconds of delay time, when you hook up an M199 MXR Tap Tempo Switch. The dry path is all analog with Constant Headroom Technology™—providing a full 20 volts of headroom—and a choice of true relay or trails bypass. The EP103 can be set for 100% wet mode along with stereo input and output modes. No tape cartridges required!
– Digital Delay effects pedal
– controls for Sustain, Volume and Delay
– Age mode with “aged” repeats
– Bypass Footswitch
– internal mono-stereo switch
– True Bypass and optional Trails Bypass
– Status-LED, 100% analog dry path
– 6.3 mm stereo TRS IN/OUT jacks- can be used as mono with regular instrument cables
– 6.3 mm jack Tap Tempo input
– metal housing
– Incl. 9V DC (ECB 003) adapter 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm barrel plug, polarity (-) center
– Battery operation not supported
– Current Draw 240 mA
– Dimensions (D x W x H) 111 mm x 64 mm x 49 mm
– 4 Years W-Music Distribution Warranty (product registration required)