Dimebag Darrell combined a cowboy’s swagger with high-gain riffs and squealing pinch harmonic-laden leads. One of the most significant elements of his sound and dynamics was the Cry Baby Wah, and at a time when wah pedals had fallen out of fashion, Dime flew his wah flag high. Armed with his hard-earned expertise and insight from years of touring, he helped Dunlop devise the most versatile wah in their lineup: The Dime Cry Baby from Hell Wah.
Work on this pedal first began some 20 years ago when Dime, a long-time user of the super customizable Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah, wanted even more freedom when setting up his rig on stage. Starting with the 535Q, Dunlop carried over its Q control, 6-way range selector, and adjustable kick-in boost. Next, Dunlop hot-rodded it with a wide sweep range for Dime to dig deep and fly high, a control to adjust the pedal’s toe-down frequency, an extra output for splitting your signal to a separate FX chain, and back-mounted LED indicators to conveniently show whether the wah is on and whether the boost is engaged. Finally, Dunlop replaced the standard rubber tread with skateboard skid tape so that your foot doesn’t slip on any spilled beverages.
The Dimebag Cry Baby from Hell Wah is the ultimate wah pedal for your touring rig, and with its new black camo finish, it’ll have you wearing a black-toothed grin in no time.
– wah effects pedal
– Dimebag Darrel signature Cry Baby From Hell
– extended sweep range
– choose from 6 different frequency ranges
– adjustable ‘Toe Down’ frequency
– adjustable, switchable boost (+17 dB max.)
– controls for Volume, Variable Q and Fine Tune
– 6-way Frequency Range switch
– Boost switch
– adjustable rocker tension
– internal JP2 switch for two output modes (Pass Through Mode / Parallel Mode)
– status LEDs
– metal housing
– tread made of skateboard skid-tape
– black camo finish
– 6.3 mm mono input / 2x 6.3 mm mono output jacks
– power supply via 9V battery or optional 9V DC adapter (Dunlop ECB003), 2.1 x 5.5 mm barrel plug, polarity (-) center
– current draw 2.5 mA
– dimensions (L x W x H) 250 mm x 100 mm x 94 mm
– weight 1.72 kg